Friday, August 23, 2013

Marc Jacobs Beauty Magic Marc’er Precision Pen Eyeliner Review

The new Marc Jacobs Beauty cosmetic line includes the Marc Jacobs Beauty Magic Marc’er Precision Pen Eyeliner ($30 USD / $36 CAD), a black, felt-tip liquid eyeliner.. Marc Jacobs Beauty will be available exclusively at Sephora and Marc Jacobs stores on August 9, 2013 and is inspired by the spirit of youth, confidence and experimentation. I already posted […]

Marc Jacobs Beauty Magic Marc’er Precision Pen Eyeliner

The new Marc Jacobs Beauty cosmetic line includes the Marc Jacobs Beauty Magic Marc’er Precision Pen Eyeliner ($30 USD / $36 CAD), a black, felt-tip liquid eyeliner.. Marc Jacobs Beauty will be available exclusively at Sephora and Marc Jacobs stores on August 9, 2013 and is inspired by the spirit of youth, confidence and experimentation.

I already posted a review of this eyeliner in which I was very disappointed. I definitely received a defective eyeliner, and since I was one of the first to actually try the product, I had no idea that so many people loved this eyeliner (or else I would have assumed sooner).  The one I had was defective in that it still worked, so it didn’t seem defective… it just seemed like an awful eyeliner! I have since received a new one, and I’m happy to re-publish this review with my updated thoughts.

Marc Jacobs Beauty Magic Marc’er Precision Pen Eyeliner

Marc Jacobs Beauty Magic Marc’er Precision Pen Eyeliner

This eyeliner comes in a long, sleek black lacquered pen with a felt-tip applicator.  It’s a very beautiful, elegant and artistic-looking product. The applicator is quite stiff and comes to an ultra-precise point, which is great for detail work like getting into the inner corner and creating a perfect cat-eye flick. The harder you press, the thicker the line, the lighter you press, the thinner the line- almost like a calligraphy pen. This is where my original eyeliner failed- it applied the eyeliner with a lot of pressure, but not when you used it lightly (therefore it went on super patchy and messy).

The eyeliner formula is very liquidy, although still ultra black and pigmented. It dries fairly quickly, and it’s completely waterproof- there’s no budging this eyeliner until you remove it with an oil-based makeup remover. I’m still playing with it to see if it will replace my beloved Lancôme Artliner- so far, it’s looking pretty good for Marc!

I’m happy to say this eyeliner is a complete dream to work with- and thank you to all of you who suggested I try out another one!

Marc Jacobs Beauty Magic Marc’er Precision Pen Eyeliner

Marc Jacobs Beauty Magic Marc’er Precision Pen Eyeliner

Marc Jacobs Beauty Magic Marc’er Precision Pen Eyeliner, Swatched

[summary]

Marc Jacobs Beauty Magic Marc’er Precision Pen EyelinerPRICE: $30 USD / $36 CAD

AVAILABILITY: Permanent. Available now at Sephora.

SELECTION: 1 shades available (‘Blacquer’). See the rest of our Marc Jacobs Beauty coverage here.


Copyright © Beautezine, 2013. | Original Post | 7 comments | Twitter | Facebook
Categories: Reviews
Tags: , , , , , ,

Here is the full post.

No comments:

Post a Comment