Thursday, August 15, 2013

Running before cable.

I left a little early Wednesday to meet the cable person at the house. They gave us a 4pm – 8pm window and Carlos was gone so I was on duty. Iggy and I played outside with the neighbor girls. They taught me some Jiu-Jitsu moves they learned in school during gym class and then, I taught them some yoga moves. So adorable, aren’t they? Cable was finally installed around 7pm but, I had told myself I couldn’t watch t.v. until I {Read More}

I left a little early Wednesday to meet the cable person at the house. They gave us a 4pm – 8pm window and Carlos was gone so I was on duty. Iggy and I played outside with the neighbor girls. They taught me some Jiu-Jitsu moves they learned in school during gym class and then, I taught them some yoga moves.

20130814-202830.jpg

So adorable, aren’t they? Cable was finally installed around 7pm but, I had told myself I couldn’t watch t.v. until I ran. I’ve been trying to switch up my runs between mornings and evenings to get myself acclimated to running in the cooler morning temps as well as the evening heat… just in case the day of the race, it’s really humid.

Convincing myself to run once cable was all set up was difficult but, I got my butt out there!

Before & after…
20130814-203543.jpg

I wore my new workout top from Old Navy, love it! If you haven’t checked out the options at Old Navy, go asap!

My run went really well – I’m not sure how true this is because I’ve never been a “fast” runner but below are my splits:

photo

I ran 4.61 miles so the last mile shown, Mile 5, shows me sprinting at the end – no way I’d ever be able to run 8:39 min/mi. But, was I really able to run 3 out of four miles in under 10 minutes? I just don’t feel like I was actually running that fast. Sometimes my times get screwed up because the app I use on my phone uses GPS and if it’s really cloudy out or if I’m running through a ton of trees, it’ll get messed up but neither was the case last night. There were a few puffy white clouds floating above me but nothing that would mess with GPS; and similarly, there were a few trees but they were fairly spaced out.

Either way, I finished a little over 4.5 miles and it was perfect.

I came home famished and scraped the final little bit of peanut butter left in the jar, maybe about 2 table spoons left and then, gave Iggy the jar.

20130814-202817.jpg

HILARIOUS! He spent almost 10 minutes licking the top have of the container cleaned.

On a weight note, the scale dropped a bit this past week, thankfully!

Stating (June 2nd): 178.0lbs

Current: 172.40lbs

Total weight loss: 5.6

photo 2 (10)

Oh yeah, totally doing a little happy dance. Let me restate the numbers on the scale are not why I’m trying to lose weight – I really could care less what it says. I’m working toward my pants fitting more comfortably but the scale is a good tool to use to help me gauge how I’m doing. I do feel a little give in my pants in the past week but it’s very subtle – subtle or not, I can tell!

Now, the goal is to just keep chuggin’ along with what I’m doing. Healthy life, healthy life.

Jen-white-1-300x106

Original article: Running before cable.

�2013 Prior Fat Girl. All Rights Reserved.

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment